Tuesday, October 31, 2017

All Or Nothing At All


He Reached that point where he realized that whatever they had they didn't have anymore. They were burning up the bed sheets and she said she never had love like she was having with him, it was filled with passion yet she knew that the passion never over rode the respect and pure love he had for her and she had for him.


But a couple of years into their relationship she ran into her old love. Suddenly it became important for her to speak with him quite a bit, whenever he called she was there to talk about whatever they had to talk about. The fact was she started to see him occasionally and while he was sure she never cheated she did make sure she told him that her old love tried to come on to her.


Eventually the passion that was so important to her lost the fire and their sex lives became indifferent. Eventually the passion was lost, the fire was gone. She didn't think it was necessary to touch, even holding hands stopped. Can anyone imagine a relationship where the very touch of each other turns one off? He couldn't and tried many times to see if they could reignite at least a little flame. The only words left that would define this relationship were "I love you." whenever they would depart or send messages. He felt this would never be what it once was and that was OK with him if they could just shake hands and say goodbye it was fun but the what was isn't anymore. But she just didn't want to give up the ghost and let go. The old touch song, "All Or Nothing At All" caught his feelings.

 All or nothin' at all
Half a love never appealed to me
If your heart, never could yield to me
Then I'd rather have nothin' at all

All or nothin' at all
If it's love, there is no in-between
Why begin then cry for somethin' that might have been
No I'd rather have nothin' at all

Oh please don't bring your lips close to my cheek
Don't smile or I'll be lost beyond recall
The kiss in your eyes, and the touch of your hand makes me weak
And my heart may grow dizzy and fall

And if I fell under the spell of your call
I would be caught in the undertow
And so you see, I've got to say "No, no"
All or nothin' at all
All or nothin' at all

He wasn't sure where this would end but he was sure it would end because he really felt any relationship he was in had to be "All Or Nothing At All"!



No comments: