Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Can't Stop Loving You


Try as he might he could never put into words his feelings for her. That whole macho thing kept him from letting her know just what was in his heart. After all was said and done he was a man after all and men were strong and took what they wanted never begging or God forbid let anyone see tears welling up in their eyes. She of course the very epitome of femininity. She had a softness about her that only made anyone who came into her presence feel welcome and loved. She wanted to protect and shelter her children and those she loved. She needed a man who would love her with a gentleness and need for her. She needed tenderness and understanding along with desire which would consume them in the fire of love.

As the years went by they became less aware of each other's needs and desires as they settled into living the life of a bored couple. He did try to communicate his feelings but he had become too tough, too "manly" and lost the art of being tender and caring. They were living separate lives under the same roof. She became ill and started to slip away. Just before she died he finally broke down and cried as he held her in his arms.
His voice was soft and tender, full of sobs as he whispered in her ears the lyrics of "How Deep Is The Ocean"(How High Is The Sky).

How can I tell you what is in my heart?
How can I measure each and every part?
How can I tell you how much I love you?
How can I measure just how much I do?
How much do I love you?
I'll tell you no lie
How deep is the ocean?
How high is the sky?
How many times a day do I think of you?
How many roses are sprinkled with dew?
How far would I travel
To be where you are?
How far is the journey
From here to a star?
And if I ever lost you
How much would I cry?
How deep is the ocean?
How high is the sky?

When he finished he held her a little away from him. She had tears in her eyes as she smiled and whispered "I love you" and then her eyes closed as she passed into eternity.

No comments: