Sunday, February 25, 2018

I Remember You, Johnny Mercer

My Birthday came and went just like all my birthdays before. But today it struck me that my life was blest by sharing some 50 years with a great charming, hot Puerto Ricana who was intelligent, full of life and the sexiest person I ever met. Without her my life would have been far less thrilling and meaningful. This song, the lyrics written by Johnny Mercer, completely captures my feeling for the most meaningful, beautiful person I have ever met and probably will ever meet. If you want to hear it sung beautifully check U-tube's, Joe Stafford version.


Was it in Tahiti?
Were we on the Nile?
Long, long ago,
Say an hour or so
I recall that I saw your smile.

I remember you,
You`re the one who made
My dreams come true
A few kisses ago.

I remember you, 
You`re the one who said
"I love you, too," I do.
Didn`t you know?

I remember, too, 
A distant bell,
And stars that fell like rain
Out of the blue.

When my life is through,
And the angels ask me to recall
The thrill of them all,
Then I shall tell them
I remember you.

No comments: